1. Ball mill FAQ:
1.How to choose the model of the ball mill?
1)first confirm your material, wet type ball mill or dry type ball mill?
2)second confirm your capacity?
the capacity has term of hadness of the material.
usually MQG/MQY900x1800 0.5 - 2 ton per hour
MQG/MQY1200x2400 1 - 3ton per hour
MQG/MQY1500x3000 2 - 5ton per hour
they also have model 1830x3000,2100x4500,2200x4500 etc.
you can check the parameter below.
2.Does the ball mill can be driven by diesel engine?
Answer: yes, the ball mill can be driven by motor or diesel,especially the small ball mill.
3.Test run requirement of the new ball mill
A.Continuous idle working time no less than 12-24 hours, solving the problems in time when it happens.
B.After the idle run, can make the on load test run, feeding proper ore into the ball mill, mind to avoid the damage of ball and steel plate.
1、Add proper ore and 1/3 ball, working 12-24 hours.
2、Add 2/3 balls working 24-48 hours
3、According to the discharging situation, the capacity of good products, to assure the suitable ball load quantity of ball mill, then working no less than 72 hours.
4.How to maintain the ball mill?
Check the answer at the end of this article.
2.Ball mill description:
Ball Mill is a type of grinder used to grind materials into an extremely fine powder mainly for use in the mineral processing industry. Ball Mills can grind various ores and other materials either wet or dry, depending on requirements.
Ball mill structure
Ball Mills consist of a large cylinder which slowly rotates around a horizontal axis. The cylinder is partially filled with the material to be ground plus the grinding medium (metal grinding balls). Inside the cylinder, the medium will be lifted to a certain height under the action of centrifugal force and then drop or fall, grinding the ore in between the balls as they interact.
Feed material to be ground enters the cylinder via a hopper on one end and after being crushed by the grinding medium is discharged at the other end.
3.Ball mill Working principle
The ball mill is horizontal cylindrical rotation device,driving by brim gearwheel, there are two chambers and grid. Material goes into the first chamber through the feeding inlet, inside the first chamber, there are stage liners and ripple liners as well as steel balls with various kinds.The shell rotates which generates eccentricity, this force brings balls to a certain height and then balls drop down by gravity, which will impact and grind the material. After the primary grinding in the first chamber, material goes into the second chamber through segregate screen, in the second chamber, there are fiat liners and steel balls, after the secondary grinding, material is discharged through the discharge screen.
video: how does a ball mill work, working principle
9 ways tell you how to improve ball mill efficiency
Ball mill operate manual: what to do if has problems not working
4.Balls for ball mill
Grinding balls for ball mill, mainly includes High, medium , low chromium alloy steel balls and High, medium , low aluminum ceramic balls.etc.The diameter of the steel balls is has 100mm , 80mm , 60mm , 40mm , 20mm etc. click for : how to add balls for ball mill ? how to reduce damage of balls
Balls of ball mill for sale
5.Liner for ball mill
Liner for ball mill, mainly includes Manganese steel liner , Alloy liner , Ceramic aluminum liner , Rubber liner , Cylinder liner , End cover liner etc.
Liner of ball mill for sale
liner of ball mill for sale
6.Ball mill application:
Ball Mill is a key equipment to grind the crushed materials, which is widely used in the manufacturing industries, such as cement, Gold Ore, Marble, Feldspar, Quartz, Calcite, Limestone, Copper Ore, Iron Ore, silicate, new building material, refractory material, fertilizer, ferrous metal, nonferrous metal and glass ceramics.
The maintenance of ball mill is regular work, the following is the right methods to maintain the machine:
1. Every month should release all the lube oil, cleaning thoroughly.
Then in the medium maintain (6 months) change the lube oil.
2. Check the lubrication situation and oil level every 4 hours
3. The main shaft bearing temperature no more than 55℃ when working
4. The temperature of drive bearing and reducer no more than 55℃, the highest less than 60℃.
5. Bull gear and pinion gear working smooth and steady, adjust the gap in time
6. Ball mail working steady, without sharp shaking
7. Motor electric current without abnormal fluctuation
8. The fattener without loose, junction without without oil leak, water leak, slurry leak.
9. Add steel ball in time
10. Stop the machine when emergency happens
11. Exchange the lining plate when is wearing out 70% or has 70mm cracks.
12. Exchange bolt when its damaging makes plates loose
13. Exchange main bearing when it wearing out
14. Bull gear one surface wearing out can use the opposite surface
15. Pinion gear should be replaced immediately.
16. Welding the helix in the feed inlet and out inlet,
17. Repair the foundation bolt when it loose or damaged
1. The lining can be replaced.
2. Mineral ball mill is an efficient tool for grinding many materials into fine powder.
4.Ultimate particle size depends entirely on how hard the material you’re grinding is.
5. As the barrel rotates, the material is crushed between the individual pieces of grinding media that mix and crush the product into fine powder over a period of several hours.